Child Services Information
We provide services including therapy/counselling, behaviour management, interventions and strategies. In addition, we can provide education,
parent and carer support. A family-centred and practical skills-based approach is often used as a way of supporting and working with children and
Our range of Assessments
Assessments can be administered for diagnostic purposes, to help understand severe behaviour, symptoms, reactions, or to determine cognitive or developmental levels and functional capacity.
If required, our assessments may involve:
- Neurological/cognitive testing
- Functional capacity assessments
- Standardised questionnaires
- Clinical interviews with parents and carers
with other professionals
Assessments can assist in identifying your child’s needs, behaviours and functional capacities across a range of areas such as, cognition, education, social, emotional, coping and living skills. It can help to highlight the type of support and strategies required..
Treatment and Therapeutic Support
Therapeutic support can involve short-term therapy/counselling, practical skills and psycho-education or can be long-term and intensive for more complex and concerning behaviours.
Treatment/Therapeutic Support can involve:
- Capacity and skills building
- Setting small achieable and practical goals
- Developing behavioural support plans which outline a child’s goals, expectations and intended outcomes.
- Implementing positive behavioural change strategies
- Aiming to reduce or stop concerning thoughts and/or behaviours.
- Training for parents and carers in behavior management strategies
- Social skills training
- Coping and emotion regulation strategies
- Sensory Strategies
recommendations and referring to other appropriate professional services.